USC Upstate Vice Chancellor for Intercollegiate Athletics, Daniel Feig is joined by Dr. Eric A. Wood, Deputy AD for Competitive Excellence at UCF, in a discussion on sport oversight for AthleticDirectorU. Jamaal Walton, Associate AD for External Operations at College of Charleston Moderated the conversation. The trio touched on the qualities of a great sport administrator, balance sport oversight with other departmental responsibilities, helping Student-Athletes with a head coaching transition, and much more.
Sport Oversight: USC Upstate’s Feig & UCF’s Wood
Guest Daniel Feig, USC Upstate; Dr. Eric A. Wood, UCF; Jamaal Walton, College of Charleston
20:23 min watch
- - What are the qualities that make up a great sport administrator?
- - What areas should sport administrators help head coaches focus on at the beginning of the fiscal year? (Feig)
- - How do you balance sport administration with your other responsibilities in the department? (Wood)
- - How can a sport administrator help Student-Athletes deal with a head coach transition?
- - What does a solid support staff consists of?
- - On engaging with the teams
- - What are some challenges of sport oversight?
- - Advice for those looking for sport oversight opportunities