Leveraging Data To Grow The Bottom Line: UC Davis’ Blue and Saint Joseph’s Bodensteiner
Guest Jill Bodensteiner, Saint Joseph's; Kevin Blue, Golf Canada
26:06 min watch
UC Davis Director of Athletics Kevin Blue and Saint Joseph’s Director of Athletics Jill Bodensteiner sit down to discuss the prevalence of data in college athletics, how data is impacting decision-making, evaluating technology, the trend towards hiring analytical staff and more. The conversation is moderated by America East Conference Commissioner Amy Huchthausen.
The conversation is indexed below for efficient viewing (click the time stamp to jump to a specific question/topic). There’s also an audio version below if you prefer to listen to the conversation.
- - We hear a lot about data and its prevalence in business operations and performance. Is there a data revolution in the college sports industry? (Blue)
- - How are you using data or improving your systems around data collection to drive decision-making?
- - How are you leveraging resources that exist on your campus to establish a culture of using data to drive improved decision-making?
- - How has technology allowed you to be more nimble and dynamic in your decision-making and communication throughout your career?
- - Do you consider yourself an early adopter of technology? If so, how do you evaluate whether to adopt a new technology?
- - Where are you finding the most utility from investments you're making in the data technology space?
- - Do you think there will be a trend in hiring people who are more analytical and data-focused and will that impact how you build your teams now and in the future?
- - If we have not seen quite a data revolution yet, will there be a time when we look back and say this period of time, relative to technology and data transformed how we operate our business, on campus or in a conference office?