Self-Awareness As A Leader: Florida’s Jeremy Foley
Guest Jeremy Foley, Florida
9:37 min watch
Florida Athletic Director Emeritus Jeremy Foley discusses his growth, from early in his leadership tenure, to care about investing in people. Foley recalls a conversation with a booster that caused him to reflect on his leadership style and realize he needed to change and how that inflection point in his career allowed him to grow as a leader.
The conversation is indexed below for efficient viewing (click the time stamp to jump to a specific question/topic). There’s also an audio version below if you prefer to listen to the conversation.
- - Early in your leadership tenure, you realized you needed to invest in people. Can you talk to about investing in people?
- - How did you realize that your leadership style needed to change?
- - In making that change, did you have a revelation about the errors of your previous approach?
- - When did this alteration in your leadership approach occur?
- - What were some of the steps you took after this introspection into your leadership style?
- - How did that impact the overall culture of the athletic department?
- - In your 25 years as the AD at Florida, did you lead by investing in people?